We'll see high temperatures in the upper 80s to low 90s to start out the work week, but they'll dip into the mid 70s by Thursday. Those cooler temperatures will then stick around through next weekend. The Weather Channel predicts a 30-40 percent chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms, with the odds increasing to 60 percent on Wednesday.
It's been a rainy summer, and Patch blogger Northeast Georgia Weather has some statistics that show just how wet it's been in comparison to recent years. Check out his latest blog post.
The Oconee County Board of Education holds its first regular meeting of the 2013-14 school year at 5 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 12. View the agenda.
The following meetings are posted on the county's website:
- Monday, Aug. 12 at 4pm - Oconee County Industrial Development Authority - August Meeting
- Monday, Aug. 12 at 4:30 pm - Library Advisory Board - Called Meeting
- Tuesday, Aug. 13 at 9am- Board of Tax Assessors - August Meeting
- Tuesday, Aug 13 at 7pm - Land Use & Transportation Planning Committee - August Meeting
- Friday, Aug. 16 at 9am - Development Review Committee (DRC) - August Meeting
Friends and family of John McNally will gather on Saturday, Aug. 17, at 10 a.m. for a celebration of his life at the intersection of US 441 and Colham Fery Road. McNally served as Executive Director of Keep Oconee County Beautiful Commission for 18 years.
Other events happening this week
- Tuesday - Mead Making
- Wednesday - Tour at Two: Highlights from the Permanent Collection
- Thursday -Battle of the Badges Blood Drive and Bryan Long of Better Georgia addresses Oconee Dems
- Friday - An Evening of Bluegrass with Balsam Range and The Boxcars
- Saturday - Martial Arts USA Annual Clinic and Self Storage Auctions @ JM Mini Storage
- Sunday- Community Hymn Sing & Indoor Picnic
Job hunting? Check out our roundup here. And even more local job opportunities are posted on our Jobs page.
The Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation's Writers' Group seeks new members. Read more here.
Did we miss something? Tell us in the comments section below.