The cuts are expected to impact assistant managers and hourly employees.
The announcement comes on the heels of recent cutbacks at other retailers Macy’s, JC Penney and Target.
There are 23 Sam’s Clubs in Georgia, according to its website, including these 11 stores in Patch coverage areas:
- Alpharetta:10600 Davis Drive
- Atlanta: 2901 A Clairmont Road
- Bogart: 4365 Atlanta Highway
- Buford: 3383 Buford Drive
- Douglasville: 6995 Concourse Parkway
- Duluth: 3450 Steve Reynolds Boulevard
- Hiram: 4798 Jimmy Lee Smith Parkway
- Lilthonia: 2994 Turner Hill Road
- Marietta: 150 South Cobb Parkway
- Snellville:1520 Scenic Highway
- Tucker: 1940 Mountain Industrial Boulevard