Weather: Sunshine and slightly warmer temperatures are in the forecast for Tuesday. The National Weather Service predicts a high of 80 and an overnight low of 57.
Top things to know:
- September 25 is National Comic Book day. This is a day for people of all ages to enjoy, since the first-ever comic book superhero made his first appearance in 1938. While some characters have new looks, and some of their storylines have changed completely, comic enthusiasts can still share their love of their favorite characters, old and new. This holiday is a great time for comic fans to honor their superhero, heroine or villain’s best stories.
- Every Tuesday the Rotary Club of Oconee County meets at 7 a.m. in the Watkinsville Community Center for a continental breakfast and presentation. Today's guest speaker is Dr. Margaret Venable VP and CEO of Gainesville State College, who will be providing an update on the University of North Georgia consolidation. Guests are welcome to attend at a cost of $5 per person.
- Today is the deadline to purchase tickets for Saturday's Chicken Barbecue fundraiser at Harris Shoals Park to benefit the Boy Scouts. Read more.
- The agenda setting meeting of the Oconee County Board of Commissioners takes place tonight at 7 p.m. The Board will consider an alcohol license for the upcoming Racetrac on Monroe Highway. See the attached pdf for more information.
- This season of the Sunflower Music Series at the State Botanical Garden of Georgia comes to a close with the Arvin Scott Quartet starting at 7 p.m. See details.