Oconee Today -- July 27
It's the final day of early voting!
Weather: Isolated thunderstorms are in the Weather Channel forecast for Friday. Highs will be in the mid 90s and overnight lows will drop into the low 70s.
Top things to know:
- If you want to vote early in the July 31 primary election, today is the final day to do so. To cast a ballot, registered voters should bring a photo ID to the Oconee County Board of Elections Office, which will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. On Tuesday, polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and voters will report to their assigned precincts.
- For those who will be traveling around the campus of the University of Georgia today, there is a construction advisory. Cedar Street between Lumpkin Street and Sanford Drive will be closed from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. for ongoing work on storm water lines, according to the UGA Master Calendar.
- Join Extra Special People's final Friends of the Flag Friday for this summer. From 9-10 a.m., campers and counselors start off the day singing camp songs, bragging on the campers. The entire community is invited. Check out photos from a recent event.
- July birthdays will be celebrated at the Oconee County Senior Center around 10:30 a.m. Come for the party, stay for bingo!
- The Oconee County High School and North Oconee High School marching bands have been working very hard this week at band camp, and their ready to show off their skills at an exhibition. It takes place tonight from 6-7 p.m. at the OCHS Football Field.