Commissioners Approve Budget, Departmental Fees
At a meeting this week, the Oconee County Board of Commissioners unanimously approved a $36.4 million budget for fiscal year 2013.
The decision was unanimous Tuesday for Oconee County Board of Commissioners to approve the proposed $36.4 million budget for FY13, including a general fund of $20.2 million.
The following are FY13 budget highlights, as presented by Finance Director Jeff Benko:
- General Fund budget down 2 percent in FY13, following 16 percent reduction over three years
- SPLOST Expenditures up 45 percent
- Reduction in Personnel and Base Operating Costs
- No Capital Expenditures (Public Safety on hold for six months)
- Emphasis remains with Public Safety at 42 percent and Public Works at 12 percent
- Maintained 6.68 Millage Rate for sixth consecutive year
Departments with fee increases (see the attached pdf for more details and to compare fees from FY12):