Oconee County High School
High academic achievement and state championships go hand-in-hand at Oconee County High School (OCHS), home of the blue and white Warriors!
As a member of the Georgia High School Association, OCHS competes athletically in the Georgia Region 8-AAA.
Academically, OCHS endeavors to provide learning, excellence, achievement and diversity for all Students (LEADS).
Guided by a qualified teaching staff, OCHS students' academic year consists of two 18-week terms, with block schedules.
Advanced placement courses are offered in over a dozen subjects in addition to honors courses in English and Math. OCHS also offers an assortment of technology and fine art courses, including pottery and dance, as well as four different foreign languages and an ample choice of physical education classes.
Additionally, Joint Enrollment is available to OCHS students with all local post secondary schools.
- Fax: 706-769-9499
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:15am - 3:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Public/Private: Public
- Graduation rate (%): 93
- Accreditation/licenses: 2007 GA School of Excellence; Above state average on the 2009 GA High School Graduation Test (GHSGT); 2007-08 GA End-of-Course (EOCT) 9th grade OCHS results significantly higher than state average in all eight subject areas
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 14:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Grade levels: 9-12
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Advanced placement courses: American Gov't, Art, Biology, Calculuc, Chemistry, Compostition/Literature, European History, French, German, Latin, Language, Spanish, Statistics, U.S History
- Extracurricular activities available: Band, Dance, Debate, Drama, Nat'l Honors Society,Nat'l Ocean Sciences Bowl, Academic Bowl, Nat'l Technical Honor Society, Student Council, Junior Board Peer Helpers, Teen Oconee, Tri-M Music Honors Society, Yearbook, Youth Leadership
- Student clubs: 4-H, Amnesty International, Ampersand, Arts, Beta, Chess, DECA, FBLA, FCA, FCCLA, FFA, French, GAPP, German, HERO, HOSA, Interact, Latin, Leo, Math Team, Model United Nations, Multi-Cultural Club, Science, Spanish,TSA,Young Democrats,Young Republicans
- Sports teams: Football, basketball, baseball, soccer, tennis, golf, track, softball, volleyball, swimming, wrestling, gymnastics, cheerleading; 1998 & 2001 State Cross Country Champs, 1999 Football State Champs, 2004 Basketball State Champs, 2007 Softball State Champs