Oconee County Animal Shelter
The adoption fee is $100 for a cat or dog, and the cost includes the spay or neuter, a 1-year Rabies vaccine, a microchip, light exam, fecal exam, deworming, the DHLPP and Bordatella vaccines for dogs and the FVRCP vaccine for cats.
As part of the adoption process, the Oconee County Animal Shelter will:
- Search for any citations for animal control ordinance violations in the county where the prospective adoptive family lives.
- Check property ownership. If you do not own your home, permission must be obtained from a landlord.
- Verify with the prospective family's veterinarian that all other animals in the household are current on Rabies vaccinations.
- Fax: 706-769-2933
- Hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Services: Enforce Oconee County Animal Control Ordinances and issue citations accordingly; pick up stray and abandoned animals; promote animal adoption programs in the community and on the internet. See website for additional services.
- Parking: Free lot