Malcom Bridge Elementary School
The Malcom Bridge Elementary School (MBES) Eagles believe in soaring to total fitness of the body and mind. The school's ABCs (active mind, body and community) structure the MBES philosophy of learning and development.
The 30-classroom school offers a curriculum of social studies, math, science, health, language arts and reading, P.E., art and music. Special education programs are offered as well. Fourth and fifth graders are assigned to blocks of integrated learning periods.
MBES fifth-graders scored higher than the Georgia state average on the 2009 CRCT testing standards in every exam category.
The school's mission statement encourages "motivated, independent learners who accept responsibility, believe in and respect themselves and others and who are equipped with the necessary tools to enjoy learning while striving for academic excellence in a safe and caring environment."
- Fax: 770-725-6725
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 2:30pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Number of students: 570
- Male-to-female ratio: 49:51
- Public/Private: Public
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 1:14
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 41
- How engaged is the school with the community?: ACTS (Area Churches Together Serving) Annual Can Drive, $1 Haiti Relief Fund, The Giving Tree, Recycling Program
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K - 5
- Special education: Yes
- Extracurricular activities available: S.O.A.R. leadership program for fifth graders, fourth grade Colonial Day, third grade Greek Math Olympics, first and second grade Winter Concert, kindergarten Storybook Parade, MBES Players (theatre), Eagle Run/Walk
- Student clubs: Student Council, Chorus, P.E. classes, Radio/video/multimedia