Herman C. Michael Park
The Herman C. Michael Park is located 1.5 miles from the Oconee County High School near the corner of Highway 53 and Elder Road. It is the headquarters for the Oconee County Parks and Recreation Service and is situated on 37 acres. The park features three lighted softball fields, six lighted tennis courts, two volleyball courts, a gymnasium with a full sized basketball court, a multipurpose field suitable for soccer, one playground and a paved walking trail. The park also takes reservations for private parties and events.
- Fax: 706-310-3518
- Hours: Office hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: There are multiple handicapped parking spaces with a total of 330 parking spaces available.
- Founding Date: March 11, 2004
- Parking: Free lot
- Features: Athletic fields, Benches, Grills, Picnic pavilions, Picnic tables, Playgrounds
- Services: Restrooms
- Restrictions: No alcohol, No smoking
- Wi-Fi: None
- Area: 37 acres