Whether you want to get in some more “me” time or you’re looking to round up the entire family, we’ve got you covered! Try these 20 fun things to do around Oconee County before the warm weather fades:
1. Make and fly a kite.
2. Sizzle up solar s’mores. An old pizza box makes the perfect solar oven.
3. Blow bubbles that bounce instead of pop.
4. Wash your bikes and cars with the kids. They love getting soapy and wet!
5. Host a yard sale. For the best turnout, set up shop on a Saturday morning. Have the kids design and hang signs in the neighborhood and post a notice on Oconee Patch for free.
6. Go camping in your backyard.
7. Check out ScienceBuddies.org for dozens of creative, fun science experiments—perfect for various skill levels and ages. Most projects can be done on the cheap.
8. Make homemade ice cream in a Ziploc bag.
Fun for Adults
9. Chill out with wine-infused popsicles.
10. Go hiking at Heritage Park. Got a pup? Bring Fido along for the fun.to Bark Park at Oconee Veterans Park.
11. Take a local class—art or bagpipes at the Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation, or Holy Yoga!
Fun for Couples
12. Volunteer at the Athens Area Humane Society. Helping others is a great way to strengthen your bond.
13. Get a couples’ massage. Massage Envy offers specials. Get lunch, and make a day out of it.
TELL US: What do you still want to do for fun in Oconee County before summer is over.