Weather: Warm temperatures and high winds are in today's Weather Channel forecast. Highs will be teeter in the mid 80s and winds could gust up to 25 mph. Plan on a mix of sun and clouds.
Top things to know:
- The takes place this afternoon at . Registration begins at 11 a.m., at noon, Outback Steakhouse provides lunch, and the Shotgun Start is slated for 1:30 p.m. is sponsoring an after tournament social where awards will be given.
- A talent show will be held at at 7 p.m. A craft and bake sale begins at 6:30 p.m. The reports the proceeds will go to support a fifth-grade student who suffers from tuberous sclerosis complex and his efforts to raise money to donate to research.
- Come to s auditorium at 7 p.m. for the spring band concert.
- presents "Burning Man"at the Seney-Stovall Chapel, 201 North Milledge Avenue in Athens, April 26-28.
- Georgia recognizes Confederate Memorial Day today. A ceremony is scheduled for 4 p.m. at Oconee Hill Cemetery in Athens. In Oconee County, the Brig. Gen. T.R.R. Cobb Camp No. 97 Sons of the Confederate Veterans at Watkinsville Cemetery to honor Confederate soldiers buried in Oconee County last Sunday. It was followed by the the lives of George Jarrell and Jacob Klutts, two civilians from Watkinsville who died and were buried in Union camps during the Civil War. The latter was organized by the Laura Rutherford Chapter No. 88 of the United Daughters of the Confederacy and took place in the front lawn of the Eagle Tavern Museum.