A recent survey by dating website Cupid.com revealed 36.5 percent of respondents find a southern accent the sexiest. More men (45 percent) than women (28 percent) enjoy the sugar-coated southern drawl.
A distant second -- with 16.5 percent of the vote -- was a New York accent. The mid-Atlantic accent (possessed by those in states such as Pennsylvania and Delaware) was ranked the least attractive with only 5 percent of males and 3 percent of females favoring it.
"Your date’s accent may not seem like a vital detail -- especially when meeting someone online -- but your subconscious reaction when they speak could make or break a relationship," the Cupid.com press release stated.
The survey only included North American regional accents, however, as Time Magazine noted, "Everyone knows that having a British accent makes men approximately 300 times more attractive." (Editor's note: Agreed and a Scottish accent makes a man approximately 400 times more attractive.)
Which accent do you find most attractive? Leave a comment below or vote in our online poll. Note: This is not a scientific poll. It is for entertainment purposes only.
Vote in other polls:
- POLL: Have You Sanitized Your Social Media Accounts?
- POLL: How Often Do You Play the Georgia Lottery?
- POLL: Can Carter Get Democrats Back in the Georgia Governor's Mansion?
- POLL: Should Congress Pass 'If You Like Your Policy, You Can Keep It' Bill?
- POLL: Are NSA, DHS Products Parody or Copyright Infringement?
- POLL: Should Schools Stop Giving Awards for Academic Achievement?