On Dec. 29 at 8:51 p.m., Oconee County Fire and Rescue personnel were dispatched to the scene of an accident at Ga. Highway 316 and Jimmy Daniel Road. The Oconee Enterprise reported an 18-wheeler rear-ended another vehicle causing injury to one person.
The Fire Department also answered the following calls last week:
- 3:39 a.m., 2080 Hog Mountain Road – CVS Pharmacy
- 11:28 a.m., 2131 Hog Mountain Road – Dickey’s BBQ
- 7:13 a.m.,9:08 a.m., 2230 Hog Mountain Rd. – Oconee Elementary
CO2 Alarm Activation
- 2:14 a.m., 2328 Whitlow Creek Drive
Smoke Odor in Home
- 9:30 p.m., 1150 Twin Lakes Road
Tree on Power Line
- 11:56 a.m., Rocky Branch Road near Old Waverly Way
Tree on Utility Line
- 5:00 p.m., 129 Harden Hill Road
There were a total of 44 medical emergencies last week. All information was provided by Oconee County Fire Rescue.