At its meeting on Monday, the Oconee County Board of Education voted to place the proposed 2012-13 school year calendar on the table for consideration.
It will be publicized over the next month. The Board may vote to adopt the calendar at its next regular meeting, which is scheduled for 5 p.m. on Nov. 14.
Here are some of the key dates:
- Possible New Employee Orientation Day: Friday, July 20
- Pre-planning: Wednesday through Friday, Aug. 1-3, and Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 6-7
- First day of school: Wednesday, Aug. 8
- Fall break: Thursday and Friday, Oct. 11-12
- Nov. 6 General Election: Students off, Teacher Workday
- Thanksgiving Break: Wednesday through Friday Nov. 21-23
- Holiday Break:Thursday, Dec. 20 through Wednesday, Jan. 2
- Winter Break:Monday and Tuesday, Feb. 18-19
- Spring Break: April 1-5
- Last day of school: Tuesday, May 21
- Post-planning: Wednesday and Thursday, May 22-23
- Graduation: Saturday, May 25
See the article for more information.
Please submit comments regarding the proposed calendar to Superintendent John Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tell us more in the comments section below.