September 15 has been designated as a special day to take time to show appreciation to peace officers. Representatives of Wives Behind The Badge, a non-profit organization, will be at the this week to inform patrons about "National Tell a Police Officer 'Thank You' Day."
Kate Bailey of Wives Behind the Badge told The Oconee Enterprise several local businesses will be offering discounts to officers in recognition of the day.
The Oconee Farmers Market is open every Saturday through the fall from 8 a.m. until around 1 p.m. at its location in front of the . Tre Powell will return mid-morning to provide musical entertainment.
Here's a list of locally-grown produce and handmade products vendors will be selling this week:
- Goat cheese
- Green beans
- Free-range eggs
- Local wild flower and sourwood honey
- GA pecan honey butter
- Melon-ginger and other jams and jellies
- including beef stew samples
- Berkshire pork
- Cornish/Cross chicken
- Fresh breads including sprouted whole grains, pumpkin pound cake
- Vegetable quiche
- Kettle corn
- Beef jerky
- Jewelry and craft artists
- Free coffee and ice water