1. Oconee County is in for another hot day. High temperatures will be in the upper 90s with mostly sunny skies. The next chance for rain is Wednesday, according to the Weather Channel.
2. Election Day has arrived! Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. as voters cast ballots for one of four candidates running in the House District 113 Special Election; , , and . Remember to vote at your assigned precincts (see attached pdf). Check back with Oconee Patch throughout the day and this evening for results as they become available.
3. How about tacos or burritos for lunch? The is holding a ribbon cutting ceremony for at 10:30 a.m. The new restaurant is located at 1260 Mars Hill Road. Come check it out!
4. The Hard Labor Creek Reservoir Management Board at 1 p.m. in the Walton County Government Building in Monroe. Look for an article later recapping what takes place.
5. The second of two public hearings about Oconee County's proposed fiscal year 2012 budget takes place tonight at 6:30 p.m. Commissioners may take action on the budget during a 7 p.m. meeting following the public hearing.