In just a matter of weeks, Caterpillar will be moving into its new plant, currently under construction in Bogart.
Plant manager Todd Henry told members of the Oconee County Chamber of Commerce on Jan. 24 at the organization's annual meeting that excitement is brewing as March 1 approaches.
Henry, who was the evening's keynote speaker, presented the following time line during his presentation:Date Milestone March 2012 Groundbreaking March 2013 Building Occupancy June 2013 First Pilot Build (MHE308) August 2013 Second Pilot Build October 2013 Pre-production Start up 308 November 2013 Grand Opening January 2014 First Shipment March 2014 Production MHE 305, 305.5 July 2014 Production MHE 303.5, 304 February 2015 STTT D3-D5K2
Click through the photo gallery highlighting information as presented by Henry to learn more about Caterpillar's global reach, which products will be manufactured at the new plant and how to land a job with the company.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Latest Job Opportunities at Caterpillar
- Want to Work at Caterpillar in Oconee-Athens? Here's What you Need to Know
- Industrial Finishing Specialists Coming to Watkinsville to Service Caterpillar
- Caterpillar Project Dubbed 'Deal of the Year'
- 2012 Story of the Year: Caterpillar Comes to Oconee-Athens