TOP TEN THINGS YOU MAY NOT ALREADY KNOW ABOUT YOUR NEIGHBORS, MARTI SCHIMMEL:
1) Marti is referenced in an extremely thorough and terrific cookbook, Taming the Flame, by Elizabeth Karmel.
2) Marti was a flight attendant in Boston after college.
3) She was born and raised in Athens. She moved away for a chapter of her life but has been back in Athens since 1997 and has owned Marti's at Midday in Normaltown ever since.
4) Marti could not live without Kosher salt, dark chocolate and her morning cup of good coffee.
5) She is the eldest of six,
6) Marti has 4 dogs - all rescued: Charlie Brown, Big Guy, Smidgeon and Lucille.
7) Marti has run one marathon, 12 half-marathons and six triathlons!
8) She cooks all day at the restaurant and still loves to cook at home as well!
9) Marti's favorite indulgence is a bubble bath.
10) Marti's at Midday won the Flagpole Readers Choice award in April 2011.