Weather: Watch out for patches of early morning fog. The Weather Channel predicts a 60 percent chance of late morning to mid-afternoon thunderstorms and winds of up to 20 mph. Highs will be in the upper 60s.
Top things to know:
- This week, Oconee County Middle School is holding a silent auction in support of Relay for Life. Stop by the lobby to drop off bids.
- Georgia Commissioner of Agriculture Gary Black visits UGA this morning for a seminar at Conner Hall about the "Feed My School" initiative. According to a news release, the program "has connected thousands of Georgia students with local farmers, by supplying their school cafeterias with enough local produce and meat to feed their school for a week."
- Former Superintendent John Jackson and former school board members Chris Franklin, Mack Guest, and David Williams have requested time to address the Oconee County Board of Education at its 5 p.m. meeting. The appearances are listed under "Recognitions" on the agenda. The Board is also scheduled to hear a report on the recent Can-a-thon and vote on final payments to contractors that worked on the Colham Ferry Elementary renovations and the North Oconee High field house.
- The Planning Commission meets at 7 p.m. at the Courthouse where a rezone request made by Presbyterian Homes of Georgia will be discussed. The agenda is attached as a pdf.
- Patch's annual "Deck the House" contest is under way. Snap a photo of your outdoor holiday decorations and upload it here for a chance to win up to $500 to pay for your December electric bill and score $100,000 for Oconee County Schools. See details.