Invite a friend
Center for Active Living - On the Move
On the Move is a seated chair class that includes aerobic, strength and flexibility exercises. It is especially beneficial for those living with chronic conditions who need a low impact exercise program. Aerobic exercise combined with strength training has been proven to be the most effective exercise to lower blood sugar and help manage a variety of chronic conditions. Suitable for all ages and fitness levels.
This class is $5 for CAL members. Pre-registration is required. Call (706) 549-4850 to sign up for the class and to sign up for CAL (Center for Active Learning). CAL requires a $25 annual membership fee.
More About Athens Community Council On Aging
The ACCA is nestled in a quiet part of the city. It exists to bring a greater awareness and understanding of aging to Athens. The ACCA hosts many events and volunteer programs. It also advocates for the rights of the aging Athens population. The ACCA is run by local volunteers to help the aging members of the 12 surrounding communities of Athens-Clarke.
Other events here
- CAL Yoga with Anna Weekly on Fridays, 10:00 am–11:30 am
- CAL Open Art Class Today, May 24, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Smart Moves Weekly on Mondays, 9:00 am–10:00 am
- UGArden Produce Stand Weekly on Mondays, 9:00 am–11:00 am
- Trip to the Atlanta Jazz Festival Mon, May 27, 11:00 am–5:00 pm
- On the Move Weekly on Mondays, 11:00 am–12:00 pm
- Mah Jongg Weekly on Mondays, 1:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Parkinson's Support Group May 27, 2013 / June 24, 2013 / July 22, 2013 / August 26, 2013, 2:00 pm–3:00 pm
- CAL Yoga with Eleanor Weekly on Mondays, 3:00 pm–4:30 pm
- Belle Hill Singers Weekly on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10:00 am–11:30 am