Woman Arrested for Financial Transaction Card Fraud at Epps Bridge Walmart
Fraudulent purchases made online lead to arrest of Athens woman.
Officers in Oconee County were recently alerted when a victim in Danville, KY reported to police that her credit card was being used to make purchases online through the Walmart.com website and those purchases were to be picked up at a local Walmart store.
According to the Oconee County Sheriff's Office, Kathy Lois Watkins, 44, of Sussex Drive in Athens was arrested and charged with financial transaction card fraud when she attempted to pick up fraudulent purchases from the Epps Bridge Walmart.
Deputies on the case coordinated their efforts with loss prevention officers at Walmart and were able to take the suspect into custody as she took possession of the items.
Catch up on other news from Oconee County:
- Family Seeks Help in Search for Missing Grayson Man
- Truck Stolen From Athens Found at Watkinsville Residence
- Gas Prices Expected to Spike as Tropical Storm Isaac Threatens the Gulf
- Items From Recent Burglaries Recovered From Suspect's Home in Bishop
- Weird Police News: Serial Leaker and Other Odd Stuff