Watkinsville Police Report Tractor-trailer Backed Into Parked Ford
The following information was supplied by the Watkinsville, Ga. police department. An arrest does not mean a conviction.
O'Dillon also recapped some of the other incidents that police responded to during the week ending on Aug 19:
- At 12:36 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 16, a 2003 Peterbilt tractor-trailer rig backed into a parked 2011 Ford F-250 at an Industrial Drive business address. Only minor damage was listed.
- A 2007 Honda Accord was bumped from behind by a 2009 Chevrolet 1500 on Experiment Station Road at North Main Street around 3 p.m. on Aug. 16. No one was injured and only minor damage was reported.
- Midday Friday, police charged Michael Anthony Lumpkin, 27, of Elder Mill Road, with probation violation. The arrest warrant alleges that Lumpkin failed to report to his probation officer after being sentenced in Municipal Court for a suspended driver's license conviction.
- Officers met with a Monroe man on Aug. 18 around 11 a.m. concerning an incident at 48 Jackson Street. In an on-going child visitation dispute, the man reported that the mother of his 2-year-old daughter had struck him in the head with her hands. The woman denied the allegation. A warrant hearing and possible charges are pending.
- Police were called to an on-going domestic situation at a VFW Drive address about 3:15 a.m. Sunday. The husband had piled his wife’s clothes and belongings outside near the road after she did not come home for the evening. When talking with the wife by phone she told the husband, and police, that she was not coming home anytime soon.
Watkinsville police responded to a total of 31 calls within city limits between July Aug.13-19.