I had never tried Big Kahuna Catering until this year's event, but I must say, I was pleasantly surprised! Here are the top 10 things you likely wouldn't know about owner Kerry Pitts from simply sampling his cooking.
TOP 10 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR NEIGHBOR, KERRY PITTS.
1. Kerry watched cooking shows before cooking shows hit the main stream and became “cool.” (They aired on PBS every Saturday morning about 30 years ago!)
2. Kerry met his beautiful bride of 15 years at the Georgia /Florida football game in Jacksonville in 1992.
3. Kerry's children are his two best critics.
4. He loves to fish, camp and play golf.
5. Kerry and his family love to take trips to Walt Disney World.
6. He owned a German import car business for 10 years in Virginia Highlands in Atlanta.
7. Kerry finds yard work to be good therapy.
8. He is the the poster child (in his own opinion) for the famous saying “never trust a skinny chef.”
9. Though Kerry loves to cook and create new recipes, he's never had much of a “sweet tooth.”
10. Kerry can cook everything from Brunswick Stew to Crab Boils!