Storage Building on McRees Mill Road Catches Fire
A summary of calls Oconee County Fire Rescue answered during the week ending on Jan. 27, 2013.
Oconee County firefighters were called to 1211 McRees Mill Road on Jan. 24 around noon where a storage building was on fire.
They extinguished the structure and a woods fire around the building, according to administrative assistant Lara Crowe.
The cause of the fire is unknown, she said.
Oconee County Fire and Rescue also answered the following calls last week:
- 8:55 a.m., 1201 Bishop Farms Parkway – University of North Georgia
- 11:03 a.m., 2201 Ruth Jackson Road – Prince Avenue Christian School
- 7:46 p.m., 3450 New High Shoals Rd. – Family Life Enrichment Center
- 1:34 p.m., Ga. Highway 316 and Julian Drive
- 5:56 a.m., Atlanta Highway and Osceola Avenue
- 5:21 p.m., 5800 Block High Shoals Road
- 4:05 a.m., 1200 Block Garrett Road
Garage Fire Scare
- 6:59 a.m., Barnett Shoals Road and Norton Road
Missing Person Search
- 4:38 p.m., 1000 Block Greenbriar Court
Vehicle Smoke Scare
- 8:00 a.m., 1040 Rebekah Drive
There were a total of 35 medical emergencies last week. All information was provided by Oconee County Fire Rescue.