School Board Work Session Today
The Oconee County Board of Education meets Monday for its monthly work session.
The Oconee County Board of Education meets Monday for their monthly 5 p.m. work session in the board office at 34 School St. in Watkinsville.
On the agenda for consideration today are:
- Retaining the legal services of Hall, Booth, Smith & Slover, PC as the general counsel and Harben & Hartley as the Special Education counsel for the year 2011.
- Securing positions of the Follow: Mark Channell as Title IX Coordinator, Kristie Brooks as Title VI-B and IDEA Coordinator, Lynda Hale as 504 Coordinator.
- Consideration for approval of the Oconee County Middle School Choir trip to perform at Walt Disney World in April.
The board will be considering the following revisions to its policy:
- Extended Learning programs
- Specifying language in the Joint Enrollment policies
- Designating the Handbook for Gifted Education Programs as the procedures manual for that program
- Further defining the policy on Instructional Time
- New Student Media Publication release form
On the table from the board's previous regular meeting on Dec.21 and for consideration at the school board's next regular meeting on Monday, Jan. 10 is:
- The recommendation for use of the Wildlife Management textbook, Wildlife Management: Science & Technology. The book is available for viewing at the North Oconee High School.
- Waiver request of State School Board of Education state-wide passing score grading policy to implement the standards-based grading system
- Policies on graduation requirements, student enrollment and transfer/withdrawal policy