Oconee Today -- Sept. 4
Storytime, a canning workshop, a meeting of the Board of Commissioners and a free trumpet recital are a few of the things to know about in and around Oconee today.
Weather: More showers and thunderstorms are headed our way. The Weather Channel predicts a high of 80 degrees with an overnight low of 71.
Top things to know:
- Storytime resumes this week at the Oconee County Library on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. It's an opportunity for preschoolers and their caregivers to enjoy stories, songs, movement and crafts.
- Georgia Elite Gymnastics holds a groundbreaking ceremony at 10 a.m. at the site of its new facility located at 1010 Lampkin Branch Drive in Watkinsville.
- Learn about "Keeping Fresh Garden Flavor All Year Long" at a canning workshop at the State Botanical Garden. The first class in the three-part series takes place from 4:30-6 p.m. in Classroom 2 of the Visitors Center. Cost for the series is $40 for non-members or $35 for members, or price per class is $18 for non-members or $15 for members.
- The Oconee County Board of Commissioners meets at 7 p.m. For a complete draft of tonight's agenda, see the attached pdf.
- Enjoy the musical stylings of James Ackley on trumpet in the Ramsey Concert Hall at UGA's Hugh Hodgson School of Music. The recital begins at 8 p.m. According to a news release, there is no cost to attend.