Oconee Today -- Labor Day, Sept. 3
Find out what's closed in Oconee today and what else you need to know as your day unfolds.
Weather: Grab an umbrella or raincoat if you head outdoors to celebrate the holiday. There's a 50 percent chance of scattered afternoon thunderstorms, according to the Weather Channel. Expect highs in the low to mid 80s.
Closed for the holiday:
- Oconee County Chamber of Commerce
- US Post Office
- Most (if not all) banks - contact your branch
- Schools - public and private
- University of Georgia
- Gainesville State College
- Oconee County government offices
- Oconee County and Bogart libraries
- Oconee County Senior Center
Know about other closings? Please list them in the comments below.
What you won't want to miss:
- OCAF is open today. Stop by for self-guided tours of the latest exhibit -- "Perspectives: Georgia Pottery Invitational" -- featuring works from 49 potters. There are also over 5,000 pieces for sale at Rocket Hall. Hours are 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and there is no admission charge.
- Come hear The Sensational Sounds of Motown at Ashford Manor tonight. It's the final show in the Concerts on the Lawn series. Gates open at 5 p.m. Adult tickets are $15, tickets for children under 12 are $5 and children under 6 are admitted for free. According to a news release, the final concert will be dedicated to first responders, volunteer firefighters and law enforcement in Oconee County; members of any of these organizations can present a badge or identification for 1 free admittance.