Oconee Today -- Oct. 29
Bundle up students before sending them to the bus stop - old man winter is stirring.
Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting that in the Watkinsville area temperatures will drop below 40 degrees by 6 a.m. A high of 57 is expected this afternoon, with gusty winds.
Top things to know:
- This is the final week to vote in advance of the Nov. 6 general election. Oconee County registered voters can cast ballots between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at either the Board of Elections Office on Court Street in Watkinsville or at the Oconee County Civic Center.
- Patch blogger North Georgia Weather is keeping a close eye on "Sandy a 'Massive and Highly Destructive Storm.'" To see recent updates, click here.
- Holy Yoga Level 1-2 is offered at Mars Hill Baptist Church at from 9 - 10 a.m. The fee is $5 per month and participants are asked to bring a small toy donation to each class.
- The UGA Student Union sponsors an American Red Cross blood drive at the Tate Student Center from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The public is invited to a free screening of "PLANEAT" from 7- 8 p.m. at the UGA Miller Learning Center. The film discusses choices that are good for our health, good for the environment, and good for the future of the planet. See more details.
- Registration for winter sports and activities continues this week at the Oconee County Parks and Recreation Department. Register online at www.oconeecounty.com/ocprd/ or visit Oconee Veterans