Oconee Today - Nov. 6
The day of the General Election has arrived, and it's a cold and rainy one.
Weather: Bundle up and grab an umbrella as you head to the polls today. The Weather Channel is predicting steady morning showers and a high of 49 degrees.
Top things to know:
- Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Oconee County Election Day Voters: View a Sample Ballot, Make Sure You Know Your Polling Location.
- Though most local races were decided on the July 31st Primary Election day, Patch will still be keeping an eye on the polls and providing updates as returns come in. The charter school amendment is a hot topic. Watkinsville has a contested race and we'll be watching that, too.
- It's a teacher work day at Oconee County Schools. Though students won't be there, several schools serve as polling places and will be bustling with voters, so watch out for traffic in school zones.
- The Oconee County Board of Commissioners meets at 7 p.m. in the courthouse. On the agenda are the following two items, among others (the complete draft of the agenda is attached as a pdf):
1) Consider Guaranteed Maximum Price of $1,332,555.00 for Farmington Fire Station Project.
2) Consider the Memorandum of Understanding with the University of Georgia for use of Office Space at the J. Phil Campbell Facility by the Oconee County Extension Service.