Oconee Today -- Nov. 28
A blood drive, high school wrestling, and an author reading are a few of the things to know about in and around Oconee today.
Weather: Watch out for patches of fog. Otherwise, the National Weather Service predicts sunny skies and highs in the upper 50s.
Top things to know:
- Patch's annual "Deck the House" contest is underway. Snap a photo of your outdoor holiday decorations and upload it here for a chance to win up to $500 to pay for your December electric bill and score $100,000 for Oconee County Schools. Find details here.
- The Oconee Library hosts a free Storytime for little ones ages 2-5 every Wednesday at 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. 1080 Experiment Station Rd, Watkinsville. 706-769-3950.
- An American Red Cross blood drive will be held from noon to 5 p.m. at the UGA Science Library.
- The OCHS wrestling team travels to Dacula for a meet against Dacula and Newton starting at 5 p.m.
- It's Spirit Night again at Stevi B Pizza. A percentage of sales will be donated to Oconee County Elementary and Oconee County Primary schools.
- Wednesday night is Trivia Night at Your Pie Watkinsville. It begins at 7:30 p.m.
- The Oconee County Library offers an author reading with Rob Peecher, the Editor and Publisher of The Oconee Leader, from 7-8:30 p.m. Peecher will share exerts from his historical fiction novel, "Jackson Speed: The Hero of El Teneria (Jackson Speed Memoirs #1)". He will have copies of his novel to sell after the talk. All programs are free and open to the public. For more information, please call 706-769-3950.