Oconee Today -- March 23
Check out a list of happenings in and around Oconee today.
Weather: A chance of showers early with scattered thunderstorms later in the day. Highs will be in the low 80s, according to the Weather Channel, and overnight lows will be in the low to mid 60s.
Top things to know:
- You have until 9 a.m. to cast a vote for your favorite Oconee-area business that sells kids clothing. Just follow this link. The winner of Readers' Choice will be named at noon.
- Today is your last chance to swing by the Oconee Cultural Arts Foundation to see Sapelo Glow. The gallery is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The OCHS fine arts performance of the musical Once Upon a Mattress opens at 7 p.m. in the Oconee County Civic Center Auditorium. Tickets are $5 for students and $10 for adults. If you can't make it tonight, come to the 2 p.m. or 7 p.m. show on March 24 or the 2 p.m. matinee on March 25.
- If the evening sky is clear, consider visiting UGA's Physics Building for an Observatory Open House. From 9-10:30 p.m., the public will have the opportunity to look through the observatory's 24-inch telescope for a chance to see the planets Mars, Jupiter and Venus.
- "The Hunger Games," rated PG-13, premiered at midnight. Check Carmike Cinemas and Beechwood Stadium Cinemas 11 for showtimes this weekend.