Oconee Today -- March 20
Take a free trip to Zoo Atlanta. Find out how and read about other things to know today.
1. It will be cooler today with a slight chance of rain showers and partly sunny skies. The Weather Service predicts a high temperature of 67 degrees.
2. Today is the last day to check out Charlotte's Web at Historic Flowery Branch Train Depot at 3 p.m. The play is an adaptation of the beloved children's book. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children.
3. Zoo Atlanta offers a way to take your family to visit the animals at no cost by using the Zoo Atlanta Family Pass. Visit Oconee County Library and check out the corresponding DVD. Once returned, the receipt may be surrendered within 7 days at Zoo Atlanta for 2 complimentary adult tickets and 2 children's tickets. You must have a valid library card to participate, and the pass may be redeemed by the cardholder only once per year.
4. If you'd like to see animals but prefer to stay closer to home, check out Bear Hollow Zoo'sWildlife Exhibit Hall in Athens is open every Sunday from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. There is no admission charge.
5. Oconee Patch is seeking nominations for the Star Athlete and Whiz Kid features. We know there are some amazing kids -- we've already learned about many of them! There are still a lot of standout athletes and extraordinary students to hear about. Send nominations for Whiz Kid to Moms Council Chairwoman Andrea Williams at email@example.com. Star Athlete nominations should be sent to Sports Contributor Karsyn Jarrett at firstname.lastname@example.org.