Oconee Today -- June 7
There are only a couple of days left in the Sprite Spark Parks competition. Herman C. Michael Park is currently in fourth place. See what else there is to know today.
1. Hot weather continues throughout the week and highs will be in the mid 90s. Plenty of sunshine is in the forecast.
2. Day two of vacation Bible school continues at Mars Hill Baptist Church from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. This year's theme is "The Big Apple Adventure." There is no cost for children to attend.
3. There are only a couple of days left to vote for Herman C. Michael Park in the Sprite Spark Parks competition. The park, currently ranked fourth in the national competition, is a finalist for a $35,000 grant to make improvements to the basketball courts. Vote on-line.
4. The second week of National Safety Month focuses on preventing overexertion. These articles from Safety + Health Magazine offer some great tips.
5. Commissioners will discuss the proposed FY 2012 budget at a meeting this evening at 7 p.m. at the Oconee County Courthouse. A complete draft of tonight's agenda is attached as a PDF.