Oconee Today - June 5
Take in a visit to the theatre, craft fair or zoo.
- The heat wave continues. Today’s high is forecasted to be 98 degrees, with a low of 72. It appears this kind of weather will continue for at least another week.
- The final showing of Aurora Theatre’s “Over the River and Through the Woods” is at 2:30 p.m. It’s a comedy about an Italian-American family dealing with a job relocation of the family’s only grandson. Tickets are $16 to $30.
- The Chappelle Gallery’s Mini Craft Fair continues from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the Historic 1827 Haygood House on Main Street in Watkinsville. Demonstrations of pottery, weaving and raku are part of the collection that also features blown glass, knitting, painting and candles.
- Grab a bottle of water and head to Bear Hollow Zoo’s Wildlife Exhibition Hall from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. This free weekly event lets you check out all of the critters and species on hand.
- The Good Dirt Clay Studio and Gallery will have a “Family Try Clay” class from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. What’s a better Father’s Day gift than a hand-made dish or sculpture? You could also make a piggy bank. All work will be glazed and fired. Cost is $20 each.