Oconee Today -- June 18
A warm, sunny day is in the forecast, the perfect chance to celebrate International Picnic Day!
Weather: The Weather Channel predicts mostly sunny skies and high temperatures in the upper 80s as the work week gets under way. Overnight lows will dip into the mid 60s.
Today, June 18, is International Picnic Day. Did you know the phrase "it's a picnic" has come to mean "it's easy"? Here are some suggestions for local locations to have a picnic:
The Food Network offers recipes you can use to plan a tasty picnic and the following list of picnicking essentials:
- Insect repellent
- Serving utensils
- Cups and wine glasses
- Corkscrew or bottle opener
- Paring knife
- Cutting board
- Damp wipes or cloths for cleaning up
- Garbage bag
Top things to know:
- Holy Yoga Level 1-2 is offered at Mars Hill Baptist Church every Monday at 9 a.m. Classes are $5 per month and participants are asked to bring a small, unwrapped toy for donation. Also on Mondays, ladies are invited to Holy Yoga Gentle at 6 p.m.
- The GOGOs -- a free networking group for women-- meets on the third Monday of every month. Tonight at 5:30 they will meet at Chops and Hops. All are welcome.
- Beatles fans...unite! And head over to Ashford Manor to enjoy Abbey Road Live!, part of the Concert on the Lawn series. Learn more about tickets prices and the evening's schedule.