Oconee Today -- Jan. 9
A new year, a new legislative session.
Weather: Watch out for areas of dense fog that should clear by 10 a.m. Scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible, according to the National Weather Service, and high temperatures will be in the mid to upper 60s.
Top things to know:
- Georgia legislators head back to the Capitol for a new legislative session. It convenes at 10 a.m. Keep up with news from the Georgia General Assembly on the state's website.
- Funeral services for Martha Brodrick, former principal of Colham Ferry Elementary School, will be held at 1 p.m. at Watkinsville First United Methodist Church.
- St. Mary's Hospital hosts a free support group for mothers and their babies every Monday from 1-3 p.m. See more details.
- The Oconee County School Board will hear an overview of budgetary points of interest from Assistant Superintendent for Financial Operations Randy Morrison at a 5 p.m. meeting. Also on the agenda is an update on the search for a new superintendent. See the complete agenda.
- Bogart City Council meets at 7 p.m. at City Hall.
What's the top issue legislators should focus on during this session?