Oconee Today -- Dec. 17
Rain and thundershowers continue.
Weather: We'll see another rainy day, according to the Weather Channel. Some of the storms could become severe in the afternoon and bring with them gusty winds. A high of 67 degrees is expected.
Top things to know:
- UGA announces the following traffic advisories: Cedar Street from Sanford Drive to the Food Sciences driveway near East Campus Road will be closed for repairs and resurfacing from Dec. 17-19; Cedar Street from Lumpkin Street to Sanford Drive will be closed in connection with the Rutherford Hall construction project from 6 a.m. Dec. 19 through 7 p.m. Dec. 20; Bocock Street behind Denmark and Brooks Halls will be closed Dec. 17 through Dec. 19 for installation of an underground electrical duct bank.
- The Athens-Oconee Families of Kids with Down Syndrome group holds its monthly meeting from 5:30 - 7 p.m. at Faith Presbyterian.
- Teens are invited to a screening of the "Nightmare Before Christmas" at the Oconee County Library from 6-8 p.m. There will be a hot chocolate bar and all attendees will receive a free book.
- A drop-in retirement reception for Nancy Turnbull will be held from 4-7 p.m. at the Adult Learning Center inside of the Oconee County Government Annex.
- The GOGOs -- a free networking group for women-- meets on the third Monday of every month. Tonight at 5:30 they will meet at Chops and Hops. All ladies are welcome.
- Parents are invited to participate in a confidential "Speak Up" survey. Visit www.speakup4schools.org/speakup2012 and complete the survey by Dec. 21. Speak Up is the first survey designed to help parents share their ideas directly with schools and national policymakers, according to a news release from Oconee County Schools. See more.