Oconee Today -- Dec. 15
Area churches are holding holiday events.
Weather: High temperatures will reach into the upper 60s today and there will be partly sunny skies. The National Weather Service calls for a 20 percent chance of rain overnight after 1 a.m.
Top things to know:
- Marine Lance Cpl. Michael Boucher is scheduled to arrive home today with his sister, Britany. Around 4 p.m. they will be driving down Main Street in Bogart. Citizens are asked to display yellow ribbons and line the street waving or holding flags. It is the first time he is visiting his hometown since he was injured during his second tour of duty in Afghanistan.
- Hear stories from Mrs. Claus and her elves during a special story time at Jittery Joe's in Watkinsville starting at 6:30 p.m.
Area churches are holding holiday events:
- Starting at 6 p.m., Saint Philothea Greek Orthodox Church hosts a spaghetti dinner and Christmas dance. See prices and other information here.
- The Chancel Choir of First Baptist Church of Bogart presents "The Christmas Light" at 7 p.m. There is no cost to attend and afterward refreshments will be served.
- All are invited to "Do You Hear What I Hear?" presented by the Women's Ministry of the Prince Avenue Baptist Church. It is free and begins at 7 p.m.
Will your church hold special Christmas services or holiday events this season? Share information about them in the comments below.