Oconee Today -- Aug. 24
A plant conservation workshop, Google Earth course and college volleyball match are a few of the things to know about in and around Oconee today.
Weather: The work week comes to a close with partly sunny skies and highs in the mid to upper 80s, according to the Weather Channel. Overnight, plan on cloudy skies and lows in the mid 60s.
Top things to know:
- The State Botanical Garden of Georgia holds "Protecting Plant Diversity in the Garden and in the Wild" from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Visitor's Center. The cost to attend the plant conservation workshop is $105 or $95 for members.
- Make plans now to “Shop For A Cause” at Macy's this Saturday to support the March of Dimes. One-hundred percent of the monies collected through the purchase of shopping passes will be donated to the charity. Learn more.
- Learn how to navigate Google Earth by attending a free course offered at the Oconee County Library. The class takes place from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and registration is required. Call 706-769-3952 for more information.The library also offers a 3 p.m. class about Hotmail/Live Email for Beginners. Space is limited.
- The Malcom Bridge Middle School football team travels to Monticello High School for a 6:30 p.m. scrimmage.
- The UGA women's volleyball team is in action as the ladies play host to Georgia Southern at a 7 p.m. match.