Oconee County Grand Jury Hands Down Indictments in Multiple Cases
Criminal indictments are not evidence of guilt; they are only charges. Defendants are presumed innocent unless proven guilty.
The following are indictments returned by the September 2012 term of the Oconee County Grand Jury that were filed with the Clerk of Superior Court on Nov. 5, 2012:
- Jeb Perry Gregory, 43, of Watkinsville ,has been indicted on two counts of terroristic threats, one count simple assault, one count simple assault family violence and violating family violence order in connection with an alleged incident on June 24, 2012.
- Jeremy Michael Wetzel, 24, Clotfelter Road, has been indicted on charges of computer pornography, electronically furnishing obscene materials to minors, and child molestation related to the sending of such materials.
- Billy Joe Furr, 55, of Epps Bridge Road, has been indicted on one count of aggravated assault. The indictment alleges Furr stabbed a man in the abdomen with a pocketknife on July 28, 2012.
- Allen Michael Dyer, 18, of Bishop , was indicted on the following charges: burglary, theft by taking, theft by shoplifting, giving false information to a law enforcement officer and possession of marijuana, less than one ounce. The indictment alleged Dyer took a wake board and an electric boat from Crossroads Consignments sometime between Aug.19-23, 2012 and took jewelry and other items from The Frosted Lion sometime between Aug. 16-23, 2012.
- Timothy Steven Johnson, 35, of Athens, has been indicted on charges of possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute, fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer, driving while license suspended and reckless driving in connection with an alleged incident involving the drug ecstacy on Aug. 29, 2012.
- David Chris Kelley, 34, of Athens, has been indicted on charges of enticing a child for indecent purposes and interference with custody. The indictment alleges sometime between Aug. 1-16, 2012, the accused took an Oconee County child under the age of 16 to a Clarke County residence for the purpose of indecent acts.
- Donald Corey Turpin, 23, of Monroe , and Ricky Keith Young, 25, of Monroe, have been indicted on two counts each of burglary in the first degree. The indictment accuses Turpin and Young of entering two homes on Choyce Johnson Road on July 26, 2012 with the intent to commit theft.
- Antonio Timothy Littlejohn, 27, of Cleveland Road, has been indicted on two counts entering an automobile and one count loitering or prowling in connection with alleged incidents on Aug. 14, 2012.
Read Oconee Patch Crime Reporting Policies.