News from Oconee Fire and Rescue: Gas Leak on Simonton Bridge
Wonder where the fire trucks were headed last week? Check out calls the Oconee County Fire Rescue responded to during the weeks of Aug. 6- 12, 2012.
Firefighters stood by as a utility company fixed a natural gas leak at Simonton Bridge Road and Calls Creek Drive at 7:13 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 11, according to the Oconee Enterprise.
At 10:34 a.m., authorities advised through a Nixle alert that the road had reopened.
Here is a summary of other calls Oconee County Fire Rescue responded to during the week of Aug. 6-12:
- 6:34 p.m., 1271 McNutt Crossing
- 5:37 p.m., 2881 Monroe Highway – Child Care Center
- 6:21 p.m., 1081 Rocky Branch Road – North Oconee High School
- 11:26 a.m., SR 10 Loop and Epps Bridge Parkway
- 6:47 p.m., 1101 Loch Lomond Circle
Natural Gas Odor
- 8:19 p.m., 1040 Moss Creek Terrace
Power Line Arcing
- 6:11 p.m., 3500 Block Barnett Shoals Road
Power Lines Downed
- 6:43 p.m., 4300 Block Mars Hill Road
Smoke in the Area
- 8:54 p.m., 1000 Block Robinhood Road