Fire Starts Behind Chimney on Shadyfield Lane
A summary of calls Oconee County Fire Rescue answered during the week ending on Feb. 17, 2013.
Oconee County Fire and Rescue on Feb. 15 were called to a home on Shadyfield Lane where a fire had started in the wall behind a chimney.
Firefighters cut approximately a 3' x 8' part of the Sheetrock and paneling to gain access and extinguish the fire in the den area, according to a report.
Here's a summary of other calls answered by the Fire Department the week of Feb. 11-17.
- 9:12 p.m., 1090 Acorn Court
- 2:52 p.m., 1960 Experiment Station Road
- 3:55 p.m., 10 Loop & Oconee Connector
- 9:23 p.m., 156 North Church Street
Kitchen Fire/Haz Mat Scene (suspected meth lab)
- 10:51 p.m., 1:30 a.m., 1050 East Haven Trail
Smoke Odor in Home
- 3:43 p.m., 1260 Hillcrest Drive
Vehicle Smoke Scare
- 10:18 p.m., Lane Creek Road and Snows Mill Road
- 12:46 p.m., Ga. Highway 316 and Oconee Connector
- 8:35 p.m., Ga. Highway 316 and Jimmy Daniel Road
There were a total of 32 medical emergencies Feb. 11-17. All information was provided by Oconee County Fire Rescue.