Deadline to Register to Vote in Nov. 6 General Election Quickly Approaching
In honor of National Voter Registration Day, we’re giving you all the information you need on how and where to register to vote in Oconee County, Ga.
If you haven’t yet registered to vote, get it off your to-do list now.
Today is National Voter Registration Day, and thousands of local, state and national organizations have mobilized to make sure millions of people don’t miss the chance to cast their vote in this year’s elections.
Six million people didn’t vote in the 2008 elections because they either did not know how to register or because they missed the voter registration deadline.
The voter registration deadline for Georgia is Oct. 9.
Here’s information on how you can register in time for the Nov. 6 elections:
- Visit the Oconee County Board of Elections Office from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. It's located next to the courthouse.
- An application may also be filled out online.
- See a list of qualifications for eligible voters.
Other key dates and information:
- Early voting will begin on Oct. 15 and run through Nov. 2, with one day of Saturday voting scheduled for Oct. 27.
- Polls will be open on Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 6, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.