Yes, we all know the stereotype about finding cops in doughnut shops.
But how about cops on doughnut shops?
This weekend, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts and the Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics have partnered to raise awareness and money for Special Olympics Georgia’s Athletes.
Police officers from area law enforcement departments will take to the roofs of Krispy Kreme stores across the state to raise money from customers for the cause.
The officers will eat, sleep, play and otherwise entertain patrons from 6 a.m. June 8 through 6 p.m. June 10.
Last year's statewide efforts raised more than $85,000 for the Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics Georgia.
Here's a rundown of participating Georgia Krispy Kreme stores for Cops on Doughnut Shops 2012:
- Atlanta – 295 Ponce de Leon Ave.
- Athens – 3703 Atlanta Highway
- Buford – 3387 Buford Dr.
- Commerce – 40103 Highway 441, So.
- Columbus - 6761 Veterans Parkway
- Duluth – 1550 Pleasant Hill Rd.
- Lilburn – 4129 Highway 78
- Marietta – 299 Cobb Parkway, So.
- Riverdale – 6689 Highway No. 9
- Roswell – 791 Atlanta St.